Monday, November 15, 2010

atc - november

My attention shifted from finishing my blank journal to starting my ATC project. I need to make 2 and have 1 sent out by the end of November. The theme for November’s swap is Butterfly. Being very non-lady like, I like bugs a lot, all except roaches (I shall continue to work on this one). I raise mealworms for my geckos and quails, and my husband raises flightless fruit flies for his poison dart frogs. So I’m around bugs a lot. Butterflies are very meaningful- not only do they represent beauty, they also imply to be a product of growth and transformation.

This is my very 1st ATC experience- I’m both excited and a little nervous. I cut out 2 2.5”x3.5” cards from 350 GSM (which converts to about 130 lb.) paper, . From the internet dictionary I printed out the definition of butterfly on regular copy paper, torn them out by hand, then stained them with Tim Holtz’s “Distress Ink” http://www.timholtz.com/ink.htm.

ATCact1-2010-11-15-09-36.JPG

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

Reading: atc - novemberPost Link to Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment